Addiction is a progressive disease that worsens if it goes untreated, so urgency matters when addressing Rohypnol addiction. The sooner treatment is received, the fewer risks there are for continued problems.
If you allow Rohypnol addiction to progress, then you have increased risks for the following problems:
- HIV, AIDS and Hepatitis C from sharing needles
- Outbursts of anger that are often violent
- Mood swings
- Cardiovascular collapse
- Respiratory depression, especially when the drug is mixed with alcohol
- Anxiety disorders
- Memory loss
- Physical injuries due to slow motor skills and impaired judgment
- Low blood pressure
- Decreased functioning at work or school
- Inability to function normally in social settings
- Financial ruin
Professional treatment may seem unavailable to Rohypnol addicts, but there is always a way to attend rehab and to return to a healthy life. Addiction treatment provides more than just a place to get clean and to move on with life; in fact, it provides the tools users need not only to get drug free, but also to stay that way. With rehab, Rohypnol addicts can experience more fulfilling, successful lives during recovery.
Rohypnol addiction treatment may include the following procedures:
- Medically supervised detox – The first step to treatment is getting the substance out of your system through medically supervised detox. Detox can be extremely uncomfortable or even painful when attempted alone, which typically causes relapse; however, medical detox allows for a much smoother withdrawal process.
- Comprehensive assessment – After detox, addicts will typically meet with a team of treatment professionals to identify any problems that contribute to drug abuse, including co-occurring disorders. The assessment will determine what type of treatment may be best, and if other factors need to be addressed simultaneously. The assessment team will personalize a treatment plan to fit each user’s unique needs.
- Therapy sessions – Group and one-on-one therapy are vital parts of rehab, because users will develop better coping skills to learn how to avoid drugs and alcohol
- Therapeutic activities – Treatment facilities offer many therapeutic activities to help people overcome problems that encourage drug abuse
- Aftercare – After completing rehab, addicts will attend aftercare programs to promote recovery in the real world
Many types of addiction treatment programs are available, from wilderness programs to luxurious amenities. Find the right type of treatment for your needs to avoid the consequences of long-term addiction.
Find Rohypnol Addiction Treatment
If you or someone you know struggles with Rohypnol addiction, then please call our toll-free helpline now. Our admissions coordinators are standing by 24 hours a day to help you find treatment that will work for you. Do not let addiction get the best of you; call today for instant support.