Addicts never plan to become addicted. Sometimes circumstances lead people to rely on substances in order to find comfort and relief. Trying Rohypnol once or twice, recreationally or as an experiment, can turn into physical tolerance. Abusing Rohypnol frequently can lead into a psychological addiction, a controlling force that keeps you coming back again and again.
Signs of Rohypnol Addiction
The following are some signs that your Rohypnol use may have become an addictive habit:
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms
- Sudden mood swings
- Frequently being absent from work or school
- Focusing your attention on the drug
- Spending excessive amounts of money on buying Rohypnol
- Feeling like you’re unable to function without taking Rohypnol
- Frequent headaches
- Respiratory depression
- Continuing to abuse Rohypnol despite noticeable negative effects
- Doctor shopping (going from doctor to doctor for more prescriptions)
- Lying or deceitful behavior to obtain more Rohypnol
- Stealing to get more pills
- Increased isolation, distancing yourself from others
- Legal or financial trouble
- Mixing drugs despite potentially fatal interactions
- Impaired cognitive and psychomotor skills
How Rohypnol Rehabilitation Works
There are numerous layers that make up an addiction and each one needs to be treated. For instance, many people who become addicted have mental health issues, such as depression or anxiety, or were victims of violent abuse and, as a consequence, have developed PTSD. Some people may be using Rohypnol to enhance the effects of other drugs that have a much greater hold, a separate addiction also wreaking havoc. All the root causes of addiction need to be addressed to relieve a person of the controlling effects of addiction. This is why, when looking for a rehab facility to treat an addiction, you need to look for integrated holistic treatment. Integrated treatments focus on the entire person – the physical, emotional, mental, psychological, and spiritual aspects. Finding a facility that treats Dual Diagnosis patients will also be beneficial if you have a mental health issue and an addiction. Again, treating the entire person and the root causes of an addiction can help heal you from the inside out. A qualified rehab center will work with your to prevent relapse in the future.
Help Ending the Habit of Rohypnol Addiction
Stop your addiction now with the help of a rehab center. Call our toll-free helpline to find out how your insurance may even cover the treatment costs. We keep our phone lines open 24 hours a day so you can contact us anytime. Let us know how we can help you.