Often referred to as a date-rape drug, Rohypnol is a short-acting benzodiazepine. The effects of Rohypnol appear within minutes and may include the following:
- Reduced anxiety
- Muscle relaxation
Therapeutically, Rohypnol is prescribed for the short-term treatment of insomnia, as a pre-medication in surgical procedures and for inducing anesthesia.
Outpatient Treatment for Rohypnol Addiction
Outpatient treatment is an attractive option to many people because of the flexibility it offers. A person who may not be in a position to leave his or her home and engage in a residential, inpatient treatment program for a period of time can choose outpatient care. However, the most important thing to consider when you are choosing a treatment option is not convenience but rather the program that is going to offer you the greatest chance for success. Some guidelines you might want to consider are the following:
- Severity: Is your drug addiction severe? While outpatient treatment may meet your needs, research has shown that severe addiction may be better treated in an inpatient environment.
- Duration: Has your addiction been holding you hostage for years? If you have behavioral patterns and habits that might need to be changed through a more structured approach, you might want to consider options other than outpatient.
- Complexity: Is your drug addiction complicated by other issues, such as alcohol or additional drug use or co-occurring mental health issues? Multiple issues may require a coordinated approach from several different treatment options.
- Detox: Do you require medical supervised detox services? Medical detox typically occurs in a hospital or residential facility.
- Recovery attempts: Is this your first attempt at recovery? If you have attempted outpatient treatment before with no success, you may want to explore other options.
- Costs: Are you in a position to finance a portion of inpatient or residential treatment? Do you have insurance?
- Relapse: Have you relapsed? Choosing an alternate therapy to the one you used previously might provide different results.
- Level of treatment: Do you need extensive, individualized and customized treatment options?
- Support network: Do you have a support network of non-using friends or family and a sober home environment, free from temptations? This type of support is critical for success with outpatient treatment.
What to Expect in Outpatient Treatment
Outpatient drug rehab programs do provide a valuable service for many people and typically include the following:
- Health assessment to obtain baseline information about the person’s overall health
- Drug rehab plan to identify the problems that led to the addiction and create a plan that may include individual counseling, group counseling, getting a sponsor, or attending meetings
- Support options exploring and incorporating other support options such as nutrition, exercise, 12 steps programs and more
Get Help Finding Outpatient Rehabilitation Options
You want to get all the information you need to make a good treatment decision. Let us help you explore your needs and your options and provide you with the support you need to move forward with your recovery. Please call our toll-free helpline today. We are available to help 24 hours, so please call now.