Rohypnol is a highly-addictive sedative that creates feelings of relaxation and ease, lowers inhibitions, and intensifies the feelings associated with being intoxicated. The drug often causes memory loss for a period of time as well. A person who wants to feel good and/or to forget about problems for a while would be attracted to Rohypnol and might not want to live without those positive feelings, even if chemically induced. Because of its addictive properties, Rohypnol is illegal in the United States.
The Holistic Approach to Rohypnol Addiction Treatment
The holistic approach to Rohypnol addiction treatment is geared at treating the person as a whole – body, mind, and spirit. This approach uses traditional methods of treatment (medication, total abstinence, 12-step programs, journaling, etc.), but also includes other methods that can help a person through withdrawal and the treatment process. These modes of care reduce tension, anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
Elements of holistic treatment for Rohypnol addiction include:
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture is used to reduce symptoms surrounding withdrawal and detox. It may also help reduce anxiety, drug craving, irritability, and muscle aches.
- Hypnosis – Contrary to what the media portrays, hypnosis is heightened awareness that creates an openness to learning. Hypnosis can be used as part of a recovery program by reinforcing recovery concepts.
- Meditation – There are many different types of meditation, all of which work to quiet the mind and encourage relaxation. They also help a recovering addict feel a sense of control in anxiety-provoking situations such as encountering a trigger.
- Qigong – Qigong is a traditional Chinese health practice that encompasses a series of slow moving exercises. Qigong has also been called “moving meditation.” Qigong is believed to have general health promoting and healing effects.
- Nutrition – What we eat can affect how we feel and how well our bodies function. A healthy diet can help detox, improve mood, lower stress, and help restore the body to its normal functioning.
- Prayer – Prayer can impact recovery by deepening one’s inner awareness and connection to a higher power. It can help people cope with stress, provide hope, reduce feelings of powerlessness and isolation, and enhance a deeper sense of safety and well-being.
- Yoga – The elements of yoga, including stretching, breathing, and guided relaxation and meditation, can result in greater self-awareness and mental calmness. It can also help a person feel control even when facing cravings and triggers.
The above list is not exhaustive. Rather, it represents a small number of techniques that address the totality of a person. Many treatment centers offer these holistic techniques as a part of their Rohypnol addiction recovery programs.
Getting Help for Your Rohypnol Addiction
If you or someone you love is struggling with a Rohypnol addiction, we can help. You can call our toll free number any time, 24 hours a day. You can talk with an addiction recovery specialist who can talk to you about the options for treatment, including holistic treatment centers. Don’t live in a Rohypnol haze anymore. Call us today to start on the road of recovery – body, mind, and spirit.