Rohypnol addiction can have devastating and wide consequences. Like a stone thrown in a pond, the ripples of Rohypnol addiction can extend far beyond the original impact as friends, families and entire communities suffer. Rohypnol addiction can affect communities in the following ways:
- Families – The families of Rohypnol addicts are often greatly impacted by the disease and all it entails. People suffering from addiction tend to be emotionally unstable and unpredictable, which can lead family members to live in states of anxiety and fear about inadvertently triggering an emotional outburst. The person suffering from addiction is often unable to maintain family responsibilities, which can lead to resentment and anger in other family members. Much energy goes into managing and dealing with the addiction, and children of addicts or in families with addiction often suffer neglect to some degree.
- Health care costs – Addiction is a serious disease that often requires professional medical treatment, so it can significantly strain the health care system. The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) notes that substance abuse not only costs the nation as much as other chronic diseases like diabetes and cancer, but it also contributes to other medical problems like heart disease. Furthermore, the additional costs that taxpayers and health insurances have to cover can burden areas.
- Driving accidents – According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, drugs like Rohypnol are involved in 10 to 22 percent of traffic accidents. Drugged driving affects everyone who uses the roads.
- Crime – Addiction can lead to crime in a number of ways. People under the influence of Rohypnol may be more violent and less inhibited. They may also commit crimes to finance their drug habits. NIDA notes that at least half of all people arrested for serious crimes are under the influence of drugs. According to statistics from the Bureau of Justice, about 57 percent of federal inmates and 70 percent of state inmates were regular users of illicit drugs before their arrests.
- Productivity – When people are addicted to a substance they are unable to contribute to society as much as they would if they were sober and healthy. In a 2004 report from the Office of National Drug Control Policy they estimate that drug abuse cost the nation almost $129 billion a year in wasted resources like poor workmanship.
Rohypnol addiction can devastate not only an addict, but also her community. Get help today treating the symptoms of drug addiction before they destroy your area.
Rohypnol Addiction Help
If you have developed a Rohypnol addiction, we can help you break free. Counselors who staff our toll-free helpline are available 24 hours a day to answer your questions and help you find a treatment program that is right for you. They can also check your insurance coverage if you wish at no cost or obligation. Do not let Rohypnol addiction affect you or those you love any longer. Take the first step today toward a new life by reaching out to us.