Rohypnol (generic name flunitrazepam) is a benzodiazepine drug that is used medically for surgical anesthesia. Rohypnol, also called “roofies,” is similar to other benzodiazepines like Valium, but it is considered to be around ten times more potent. In the United States, this drug is also known as the “date rape” drug, because it is sometimes used to cause unsuspecting individuals to black out and forget events that have taken place.
Users who take Rohypnol can become addicted after just a few uses. Addiction to this and any drug can have a devastating effect on the Rohypnol user’s entire family.
Rohypnol Affects the Entire Family
When you become addicted to a powerful drug, you lose your life to that drug. Good days depend on your ability to find the drug, and you spend a great deal of time thinking about finding relief from chemical and psychological dependency. When you struggle with an addiction, your family is forced to ride the emotional roller coaster of addiction with you. Even if your family lives in another location, they are probably worried about you. Addiction affects your family (and your children) in many ways, including the following:
- Addiction forces your family to choose between their love for you and the ability to live a healthy life away from you
- Addiction forces your family to keep secrets and hide problems
- Addiction makes it hard for your family to maintain friendships and relationships
- Addiction can ruin your family financially
- Addiction can cause your family members to struggle in work or school
- Addiction can cause you to treat your family differently and may even cause violence or abuse in your home
- Addiction destroys the loyalty and love families feel for each other
- Addiction can leave long-lasting emotional scars on those you love
Don’t let addiction destroy your family.
Help for Rohypnol Abuse
If you are ready to leave drug abuse in the past, we can help. We offer caring, experienced counselors who will work with you to find a treatment program that fits your needs or the needs of your struggling family member. Learn more about a brighter future, call our 24 hour toll-free helpline.