Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) is a hypnotic medication and has anxiolytic, amnestic, hypnotic, skeletal muscle relaxant and sedative qualities. The medication is prescribed for severe insomnia, and is sometimes referred to as the “date-rape drug.” The most commonly reported Rohypnol side effects are as follows:
- Memory loss
- Rapid mood swings
- Violent temper outbursts
- Heart and respiratory rates are slowed
- Harsh withdrawal
Long-Term Recovery Tips
The idea that you will have to spend the rest of your life in recovery can be quite overwhelming for many people. Once a person realizes that their recovery strategies can become a pleasant lifestyle, it makes it easier to adhere to your goal of long-term recovery. The following are some tips that help with recovery:
- Set goals – both short and long terms goals are an effective way for you to move forward. It is critically important that your short term goals are easily achievable. As you continue to progress through these goals, you gain confidence and you are then able to look at longer term goals which may require a larger investment on your part.
- Try new things – acquiring and using drugs took a great deal of your time. No that you have freed up some of your time; you can now fill it by learning and trying to news. The library, classes at a community college, or an arts and crafts course from the local recreation complex are all great places to explore and new things.
- Be creative – while you are exploring new things, you also have the opportunity to be creative. Painting, sculpture, music, film, dance, or photography can be helpful for self-expression. Using these types of creative tools not only provide an outlet for your creative side, but also give you something that you can be passionate about.
- New friends – while you are going to new places and learning new skills, odds are high that you will also develop friendships with others who have similar interests. You can easily replace your former “drug acquaintances” with these new friends and build a new social community.
- Reconnect – the family and friends who have struggled with your addiction have changed during that time. Get to know them again, plan fun activities to reestablish a relationship that may be even stronger than it was before. This may be easier said than done since many of these people will have to learn how to trust you again, however, if you acknowledge the pain you have cause, and ask for forgiveness, chances are you can rebuild your relationships.
- Help others – whenever a person helps another, it makes them feel good. Whether you volunteer in your community or help new people who have recently joined your support group, focuses your efforts on other’s needs with you help too.
- Relax – listen to music, meditate, visit a beautiful, natural setting, or do yoga. Find healthy, positive life experiences that allow you to relax and enjoy.
Need Help for Rohypnol Addiction?
If you need assistance in getting started in finding the right treatment program for you, call our toll-free number today. We are available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you might have about Rohypnol addiction treatment. We are here to help.